I Compressori migliori e più efficienti
La maggioranza degli utenti conosce e utilizza Winzip e Winrar come compressori ma ne esistono altri gratuiti decisamente superiori in termini di efficienza (tempo e dimensione).
Le sue feature:
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 79 languages
Come vedete il formato 7z comprime dal 30 al 70% più del classico formato zip e inoltre 7-Zip comprime i file zip dal 2 al 10% meglio di Winzip…. non è poco!
Esiste anche in versione portable, leggerissimo solo 1MB, rapidissimo ad avviarsi e comprimere/decomprimere.
- Free, open-source, with console and GUI versions for both Windows and Linux
- Includes LZMA, PPMD, TrueAudio and generic Multimedia compression algorithms with automatic switching by file type
- Filters that further improve compression: REP (finds repetitions at the distances up to 1gb), DICT (dictionary replacements for texts), DELTA (improves compression of tables in binary data), BCJ (executables preproccesor) and LZP (removes repetitions in texts)
- Special compression algorithms are used in fast compression modes (GRZIP for texts and Tornado for binary data)
- Overall, 11 compression algorithms and filters are included (compared to 3 in 7-zip and 7 in RAR) and this number still grows
- Smart file sorting that groups similar files together and fully customizable sorting order (see below) further improve compression
- Typically, FreeArc works 2-5 times faster than best programs in each compression class (ccm, 7-zip, rar, uharc -mz, pkzip) while retaining the same compression ratio; from technical grounds, it’s superior to any existing practical compressor
- Moreover, you can use any external program as compressor or filter as easy as internal ones, with Precomp, ECM, CCM(x), PPMonstr, Durilca, LPAQ, UDA and PAQ are already preconfigured in arc.ini as shipped
- You can fine-tune settings for each compression algorithm, and which compression algorithms are used for each type of files; you can create new compression profiles and modify existing ones; use -dic$ option in order to see all details of compression used
- Solid compression with smart updates (only changed solid blocks are recompressed)
- User-definable solid block size (-s…) and file sorting order (-ds…), including customized filename ordering (arc.groups)
- AES/Blowfish/Twofish/Serpent encryption with keyfiles support and ability to chain multiple ciphers (-p, -hp, –keyfile, –encryption=ALGORITHMS)
- FAR and Total Commander plugins allow to create/browse/extract archives using the file manager interface
- Ability to create SFX (self-extracted) archives and installers
- Ability to list/extract archives directly from Internet: arc x http://freearc.org/demo/arc.arc *.h
- Archive protection and recovery, including recovery over Internet driven by CRCs of archive sectors (r/rr/-rr/–original=URL)
- Ability to test archive before and after any operation (-tp/-t), including checking by recovery record and full archive test
- Moving to archive (m), joining archives (j), archive recompression (ch), locking (k) and commenting (-z/cw)
- Select files by size, time/age and name (-sl, -sm, -ta, -tb, -tn, -to, -n), select by/clear ARCHIVE file attribute (-ao/-ac)
- Base directory on disk / inside archive (-dp/-ap), automatic generation of archive filenames (-ag)
- Errors and warnings are reported to stderr and reflected in program exit code; –logfile option saves to the file all the information displayed
- Configurable via arc.ini file and FREEARC environment variable; alternative settings may be selected by means of -cfg/-env options
- Compared to RAR and 7-zip, FreeArc at this moment lacks the following: multi-volume archives, 64-bit version, storing of file attributes/extended timestamps/NTFS streams in the archive, bcj2, data segmentation. These are planned to be fixed in subsequent versions.
Come vedete FreeArc è estremamente completo, potente e versatile.
E’ il compressore con l’efficienza migliore di tutti
E’ gratuito e portable.
Sono due compressori che non dovrebbero mancare in nessun PC.
Se volete 7z e ARC in un unico programma l’alternativa è PeaZip.
Anch’esso gratuito e portable.